Postman COVID-19 API Resource Center
During the present novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, those on the front lines—including health care professionals, researchers, and government experts—need quick, easy access to real-time critical data. This type of information exchange is what APIs do best, and as an API-first company, Postman is committed to providing whatever assistance we can in this area.
COVID-19 Testing Locations (Example Project)
An example implementation showing how Google Sheets, Postman, and GitHub can be used to crowdsource public data.
For Nonprofits Working on the Pandemic
If you are a nonprofit organization working on COVID-related activities that involve APIs, Postman has created special discounts to help you further your work. Qualifying nonprofits (see eligibility guidelines below) will receive ten Postman Business Plan licenses for free, and a 75% discount for each additional license thereafter. (Note: There's also a free Postman plan which includes an impressive range of API lifecycle and collaboration capabilities that might be ideal for your project.Download the free app now.) If you're interested in applying for the discount program, fill out the form below and we'll get you started ASAP.
Eligibility Guidelines for Nonprofits
To be eligible for Postman’s COVID-related nonprofit discount program, a nonprofit and non-governmental organization in the United States must be qualified with tax-exempt status under 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Eligible organizations must also operate on a not-for-profit basis and have a mission to benefit the local community that could include, but is not limited to:
- Providing relief to the poor
- Advancing education
- Improving social and community welfare
- Preserving culture
- Preserving or restoring the environment
- Promoting human rights and humanitarianism
- Social Services provider, e.g. Elder Care, Hospice, Mental Health Treatment, Community Health Services, Substance Abuse Treatment, Blood & Organ Transplant Banks, Developmental Services, Disability Services, Reproductive Health Services
- Nonprofit sports body
- Religious, charitable, scientific, or literary
Ineligible organization types
Not all 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) nonprofit organizations are eligible for donated Postman products. Ineligible organizations include the following:
- Hospitals, organizations involved with health insurance or group health plans, and related organizations
- Legislative and political activity organizations, or advocacy groups
- Trade, business or professional organizations; fraternal beneficiary societies, orders, or associations; providers of other services or benefits to members or employees
- Government instrumentalities or agencies
- Religious organizations without a secular community designation. To have a secular designation, an organization must provide services to people regardless of their religious beliefs and must not propagate a belief in a specific faith. It must also have a tax ID (EIN) separate from that of the church or religious organization.
- US:Only 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) nonprofits are eligible. This means that organizations that are designated as nonprofit under IRS Subsections other than 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) are not eligible.
Terms of service:
- Organizations that request Postman products must agree to the Postman EULA along with any applicable Postman terms of service prior to obtaining access to the products.
- Postman reserves the right to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time without notice.
- Products will be distributed to qualifying organizations only, not to individuals.
- Postman reserves the right to grant or deny an organization's request at any time, for any reason.
- For organizations that possess multiple IRS designations, the product donation licenses and discounts may only be used by the 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) organization.
- Recipient organizations may not transfer or resell Postman products.